Sunday, October 02, 2005

This Weeks PLay List

I returned from Austin last week with lots of music and memories. It’s going to take awhile to get all of the music to you. Meanwhile, this week we have a sampling of ACL bands to go along with everything else. Songs by the Asylum Street Spankers, The Decemberists, Built to Spill and Kate Earl will lead off this week’s set.


We’ve also got Kate Bush’s first Single in a dozen years. Called “King of the Mountain”, it starts with a spacey opening and then builds with a reggae beat that grows and grows. What an excellent song. I can’t wait for the rest of the CD in November.

2 comments:

Patrick Nichols said...

Great mix of songs! And I enjoyed your ACL Fest recap and accompanying photos. Seems like our tastes are pretty similar.

Bruce Greenberg said...

Patrick,

And I've been enjoying your blog also. You obviously have more Texas music in you than I do, but I'm doing pretty good for a California guy. :-)

Music Hall Link - Alejandro Escovedo listen