Saturday, June 18, 2011

Clarence Clemons

It was the mid 80's. The Golden Bear in Huntington Beach was still around. I had tickets for Clarence Clemons that night. He was doing a solo show and I was so looking forward to it. But by the time we got in there all of the good seats were gone. I asked someone who worked there for help, I must have offered a tip. Next thing I know, they seated us in the area they reserved for wheelchairs, right up against the stage. So, our feet are touching this 3 foot stage and Clarence comes out and stands right in front of us. Can you imagine? The didn't call him the Big Man for nothing. When we looked up from pretty much his feet, he looked huge! It was a great night. I'll never forget it. RIP Big Man. You'll be missed by so many.

No comments:

Music Hall Link - Alejandro Escovedo listen