Sunday, March 06, 2005

This Weeks Play List

Lots of music added this week...

Kathleen Edwards - Back To Me (2005) Kathleen's first CD, "Failer" was one of my favorites of the year. So anticipation for this one was very high. And generally I haven't been disappointed. This time out she has turned up the electric guitars and made more of a rocker. So far I love it. For more info, you can go to Kathleen's site at http://www.kathleenedwards.com.

Deena Goodman - Hard to Get To (2004) An indie artist with a voice. Check her out at http://www.deenagoodman.com.

Amy Correia - Lakeville (2004) Amy was vocally all over the map in her 2000 release "Carnival Love". This time out she is sticking with her sultry blues vocal style making this a much more consistent CD. I love them both though.

Patty Griffin - Living with Ghosts (1995) Her first and still one of my all time favorites. Just Patty and her guitar. If you don't have this, go out and buy it; especially if you're feeling depressed.

The Innocence Mission - The Innocence Mission (1989) They were so friendly to us when we met them so many years ago. Maybe it was this hope of good people behind the music that has lead me to meet many artists over the years. "Innocence Mission" is a perfect name for these wonderful artists.

Warren Zevon - Life'll Kill Ya (2000) I'm still missing a couple of his CDs. One of the great American songwriters. Everyone should have plenty of Zevon in their collection.

Tom Waits - Small Change (1976) I saw the tour for this CD way back when and it is still one of the best club performances I've ever seen. This is a great CD and I'm only sorry it has taken this long to get it onto the stream.

Bruce Springsteen - The Rising (2002) Honestly, I had this whole CD on the stream a couple of years ago. Then I made some changes to the stream and it dropped off. I'm getting it all back in though.

Bruce Springsteen - The Wild, The Innocent & The E Street Shuffle (1973) So, I went through all of my Springsteen CDs and realized that there were a bunch that still haven't made it on the stream. So there will be plenty of different stuff over the next several weeks as I catch up.

No comments:

Music Hall Link - Alejandro Escovedo listen