Sunday, March 13, 2005

This Weeks Play List

Here we go again... :-)

Tori Amos - The Beekeeper (2005) This is a beautiful CD with its only fault being a lack of power. There are plenty of good songs here, but there is nothing that really blows me away. Still I am enjoying it a lot and if you are a Tori fan, you will like it.

Blue-Eyed Son - West of Lincoln (2004?) I was in the bathroom at the Hotel Cafe and saw a stack of these EPs. So, what the hell, I grabbed one. The Hotel Cafe has a reputation for putting on consistently good music and this band was playing there in a week or two. Fortunately for them, and I suppose for whoever is reading this, I can't make any toilet jokes about this. It is good. I may have to check out their full length CD.

Hamilton Pool - Return To Zero (1995) I had purchased another KGSR CD the other day on Ebay and to my surprise when I opened the package, there were two CDs. The second CD was from this band who I had never heard of, but were based in Austin. What a pleasant surprise to find this laid back folkishly countryish band. I know, pretty lame description. So, just listen in and enjoy the beautiful harmonies and excellent production.

Crowded House - I feel Possessed (1989) This is the most expensive used CD I have ever purchased in a store (at least per song). There are 4 songs on the EP, 3 are covers and performed with Roger McGuinn. Buy all of CH's music before buying this. It's good, but not as good as their originals.

Bruce Springsteen Lucky Town and The Ghost of Tom Joad (Do I really need to tell you the dates?) I continue to catch up on Springsteen CDs. Both have never gotten the airplay they have deserved. Enough said.

Various Artists - Nuggets Disk 3 Every so often I've got to throw in a real oldie. This is the kind of stuff that Little Steven likes, so I guess that is as good an excuse as any to play it, right? I've already been playing Disk 1. Disks 2 and 4 will show up somewhere down the line.

And finally, I found myself on Itunes the other day. There has been so much talk about The Futureheads version of Kate Bush's "Hounds of Love", I just had to hear for myself. And if you haven't heard it, listen in. Also picked up some throw away Lou Reed from the Rock and Roll Animal performances.

No comments:

Music Hall Link - Alejandro Escovedo listen