Wednesday, February 08, 2006

This Weeks Play List

I'm a bit late this week, but here we go. All three CDs are small label/Indie CDs. Hans and The Beautiful Girls are touring the U.S. right now, so check out their sites for tour dates.

And I just have to comment on the Super Bowl music... If I were the producer of the shows, I sure would have pulled my name from the credits. Mics going out. Guitars not in the mix. I know it is live, but you've got a billion people watching. Get it right or don't do it. Meanwhile my daughter was freaked out that she had to see Mick's stomach. Grant it, there are few 60 year olds that can show off their middriff. But please, for the sake of the children, DON'T. :-)


Leila Florentino – Sail (2005) Her voice reminds me a bit of Kate Bush. The music is more straightforward though and neither are as quirky. There is an innocence here that is beguiling. She is a young singer/songwriter with plenty of potential. Check her out at http://www.leilaflorentino.com and you can buy her CD at Amazon.com .

Hans York – Inside Out (2005) The guitar playing is exquisite and the production is impeccable. Think Bruce Cockburn and you’ll have an idea of where this artist is heading. Excellent CD. For more info you can visit his site: http://www.hansyork.com/

The Beautiful Girls – We’re Already Gone (2005) These Aussies are somewhere between Jack Johnson and Bob Marley. Most of the music on this CD is Reggae with the occasional JJ’ish ditty. You’ll also find socially aware lyrics and cool melodies. You can’t ask for much more then that. And I understand their live show is amazing. You can find them here: http://www.thebeautifulgirls.com

No comments:

Music Hall Link - Alejandro Escovedo listen