Tuesday, March 13, 2012

SXSW 2012 Tuesday

Last year I only hung around the periphery of SXSW. This year I’m doing the whole thing. I have a badge and this morning hit the convention center to see what I missed last year. The convention center floor is a unique place serving both the music makers and the geeks. There were lots of social media apps being sold as well as high tech marketing for media people (music/film/whatever). For years it has been obvious to me that tech and music speak the same language. For the first time, I really got to see it in action. Not a lot of physical products here, but my favorite was the iPhone cover that they would either drop on the floor or through into a tank of water. Pretty cool and available at Best Buy. I haven’t been upstairs yet (there are 4 floors here!) but will be doing that on Thursday to see Springsteen talk. I have entered into the lottery for his official concert. If the rumors are correct, it will be in the hall where Austin City Limits is now taped. It holds 3000, but every seat is right on top of the stage. I find out Thursday at 10am if I got in.

No comments:

Music Hall Link - Alejandro Escovedo listen