Monday, February 21, 2005

This Weeks Play List

Lots of music added this week...

Mara Levi - Life's a Ball (2003) This weeks Indie artist. Check her out at http://maralevi.com

A Girl Called Eddy - A Girl Called Eddy (2004) I am in love with this CD. Is it Dusty Springfield? Did Burt Bacharach write the music? Who cares!

Peter Wolf - Sleepless (2002) - Thanks to Jenn and Larry who kept pushing for me to listen to this. An excellent CD worth checking out.

KGSR Broadcasts Vol. 7 (1999) - Thank you Ebay. :-)

Jill Sobule - I Never Learned to Swim (2001) - Thank you Amoeba. This is out of print for no good reason at all. Lots of great songs here.

The Soundtrack of Our Lives - Welcome to the Infant Freebase (1998/2002) An import that Jen recommended. These guys from Sweden (I believe) have a very unique sound, derived from lots of American/British influences. I really am enjoying this one.

Providence (2002) - I'm a sucker for any song Shawn Colvin wants to cover.

No comments:

Music Hall Link - Alejandro Escovedo listen